Confronting an intruder in your house can be a frightening experience but the law allows you to defend yourself and your property within reason. This article will teach you how to use ordinary household and garden objects as weapons of self defense.
1. Baseball Bat: These items can be used for defense by swinging them (like the players in the aforementioned sports) and use them to try and knock people down or stun them.
2. American Football/Bike helmet: There are 2 things you can do with these. One is to wear the helmet and headbutt the burglar. The other is to hold them in your hand and swing them.
3. Garden hose tubing: Garden hoses can be used if you tie a knot in it and set it around your hand and it makes your punches harder.
4. Bed sheet/Duvet: Bedsheets and Duvets can be used to temporarily blind and distract the assailant by throwing it over their head.
5. Perfume, deodorant, antiperspirant or hair spray: can be used like mace by spraying it into the trespassers eyes.
6. Glass bottle: A glass bottle can be used by smashing it over the trespasser’s head to cause pain and give you time to find a means of restraint.
7. Belt: Use a belt like a whip, by either holding the 2 ends together and hitting with the leather or by swinging the belt buckle end. The latter method causes more pain but is slower to be able to swing again. It is also an effective method of restraint.
8. Paintball gun: A loaded paintball fired at close range causes a lot of pain and a strategically placed shot to the groin can incapacitate the trespasser (NEVER aim above the shoulders unless you want to possibly get in trouble with the police).
9. BB gun/Air rifle: BB guns and air rifles look a lot like real guns to the untrained eye and should be able to persuade an inexperienced burglar to flee or surrender. If the burglar is not buying it (i.e he knows it’s not a real gun) then use them same way as the paintball gun.
10. Pepper: Can be thrown into trespasser’s eyes which should blind them and give you some time.
11. Wooden heeled shoe/Clog: Slip them over your hand and use to punch. If the shoe is a tall lady’s one then you can hold the leather and swing it.
12. Cattle Prod: A cattle prod can be used to shock people into submission. However it should NEVER be used unless you fear for your life. If you do need to use it aim for the limbs or abdomen, never aim at the torso or head.
13. Small Hole punch: A small hole punch can be slipped over your hand and used like makeshift knuckledusters. Make sure the lower bit is on the flat of your fist as this is far less painful to you than placing them on your knuckles.
14. Pressure Washer: Firing water at high speed from a pressure washer at the trespasser is a good tactic because it hurts and it distracts along with temporary blinding if fired at the face.
15. Telephone: Use the handset by having it held in the hand and swung downwards to make a good bludgeon but this will probably break the phone.
All of this can be helpful when you find yourself confronted with burglar. Although, if you are able to, try to prevent this situation at all costs.